Internship Blog #2 Job Search

 The job search assignment was a future best case scenario, one I feel confident that I can gain the skills and knowledge required for the position, but I would like to write about how I obtained my current internship.

I entered the UWF program because of the stability of having instructors to teach the courses, because I entered another program and was unable to finish for that reason. I had a timetable for finishing the course and with this delay, I am doing everything possible to finish the certification process. ETM was on my radar as a possible place to intern, but I did try two other places first before dropping by and meeting with the GIS personnel. What I did not realize at the time was ETM was trying to hire me as an intern, and I was trying to get a position for college credit, which made for an awkward interview before it dawned on me what was happening. Somehow I recovered enough to get through that level of the process. 

Next was drug screening, a personality test and a predictive index test, I forget which one, but one of the tests I have been told is pretty much spot on in describing the type of worker I am. 

It took a bit of time to find something that I could actually do on my own, and unfortunately was unable to continue helping out with that specific project, but the good thing about GIS is there is SO much work at different levels it would be virtually impossible for someone to not find something useful for me to do. 

I am content with where I work and the work conditions. I am looking forward to learning those things that benefit me professionally and finding ways to contribute to the company.

Comments