I was fortunate in obtaining an intern position with ETM in their Jacksonville office in the Geospatial Technologies Division over the summer. I am grateful that the UWF GIS certification program provides instruction in the ESRI products, because ETM exclusively uses ESRI software products. So far, my knowledge of ArcGIS Pro continues to expand, specifically learning how to create feature classes, both points and polygons in helping update a Utility provider's structures and attribute tables. Currently, I am working 20 hours a week, and working on numerous geospatial projects in a supporting role. It is helpful to have a team of GIS technicians and analysts who can assist me when I need it.
I am following the NE Florida GIS User Group on LinkedIn, they cover the four counties in the area, Duval, Nassau, St, Johns and Clay, and I hope to engage with the membership concerning training and best practices for passing the GISP certification test.
Comments
Post a Comment