Module 6-GIS-Georeferencing, Editing and 3D




Module 6 was an interesting lab from the stand point of what we were tasked to do and the immediate results of achieving those goals.  I am discovering that patience and determination in working with the software is the best way; the software is not designed to defeat you, otherwise they would be out of business. I am not saying they always make it easy or intuitive, but you have to start with the belief that you can accomplish your task with the tool set you have at hand.  

Georeferencing is definitely an art and a science, using the "Mark 1 eyeball" counts as much as using RMSE values, and polynomial variations in establishing a coordinate system on the images.  It was a pleasant surprise to discover that by moving the UWFroads up in the drawing order, it changed their status from 2D to 3D, which allowed me to upgrade them to tubes so they could become visible on the map.  I understand better now why this practice has a course designated just for this discipline.  

 

Comments