Module 2 - GIS - Cartography: Layout and Essential Map Elements Lab 2





Lab 2 was a challenging one, trying to learn and use new software, ArcGIS Pro, as well as understanding all the map elements needed for a practical and professional looking map. I find myself having to remember that I have not done this before, and just to learn HOW to do it successfully, not how to do it perfectly. I find that it helps to have a guide when performing new tasks, but I also need to write the steps in my own words for future reference. I am certain that the clipping section will be one function I truly need to understand. 

I am not artistically gifted, but I do understand balance and perspective. After some helpful feedback from TA Joe, I was able to find a style that worked for me:  title at the top, and all the other elements at the bottom, sized to be useful but not detracting from the purpose of the map, showing the location of the University of West Florida main campus. 













Comments